Thu, Oct 08|
Rocks of Hope for Survivors
In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2020, join WAVE in creating a Rock of Hope for Survivors of domestic violence on purple painted rocks. Click register now for more details!
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2020, 10:00 AM – Oct 10, 2020, 4:00 PM
Petersburg, Petersburg, AK 99833, USA
About The Event
October 8th - 9th
203 Fram St
210 N Nordic Dr
How it Works:
- Buckets filled with purple rocks and colorful markers will be placed outside of Clausen Museum and Anchor Properties and WAVE.
- Pick out the rock that speaks to you.
- Draw a word, message, symbol or picture of hope for survivors of domestic violence. You can sign the rock or leave it anonymous!
- Place your rock into the bucket with the other designs.
- Walk around the town and trails to see all of the hope Petersburg spread for survivors of domestic violence! (maybe hint at some kind of timeline here so that they don’t start looking like, the next day)